In September, 2019 the owners of Patrzstop — a startup online store selling equipment for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems — contacted us for a promotion campaign.
Advertising and SEO failed to bring new orders to the client — not a single request on the subject was in the top.
When the client contacted us, the site had been very recently created (developed in 2018)
The target group of the project was small companies which professionally repaired ventilation, heating and air conditioning systems.
The client didn't know what the sections should be. The store owner provided us with a list of products and selected top 100 with the highest margins. We thoroughly studied them, the demand, and found out which sections they could belong to. Then we offered our vision based on the demand, analysis of the competitors and the existing nomenclature. This was rather difficult since the site had actually had no categories.
Our team found out that there were quite a lot of competitors in the field of HVACR (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration) and they were quite strong: they had the large number of external links, pages, traffic channels — social networks, feedback services and so on. In the beginning our client had had only 1 link and even that one had been of poor quality. The site hadn't had any positions in the search results at all! That's why during the development of sections we started tracking them down to the depth of 200.
Patrzstop wanted to promote its services into the US. The client intended to get a quick result (by SEO standards, at least) - in 4 months, but even to think about this as of something possible-was a delusion. In the US, all sites are at least 10 years old or more, so one would need at least six months of hard work to make visible changes.
In SEO, a good result is obtained when everything, what we recommend, based on the needs of the business, is done. We suggested a strategy for the build-up of links - free and paid ones - but, unfortunately, the client considered it to be redundant. The thing is that the budget for links should be quite large, since their cost starts from $ 50 and can grow indefinitely. Therefore, in a few months we managed to purchase some of the links, all the rest were free so we received them independently.
The site's being developed on Shopify presented a major problem: due to the specifics of the code it is simply impossible in most cases to make improvements over there.
Only the change of the template and configuring of the plug-ins could solve the problem, and this was a significant limitation for SEO. We had to take this step, because without it we couldn't have advanced at all.